FAQs KONA FISHING CHARTERS
How Long is the 1/2-Day Kona Fishing Charter?
The 1/2-Day Charter is 4 hours in length.
How Long is the 3/4-Day Kona Fishing Charter?
How Long is the 3/4-Day Kona Fishing Charter?
How Long is the Full-Day Kona Fishing Charter?
The Full-Day Charter is 8 hours and 10 hours in length.
How Long is the Flash Sale 1/2-Day Kona Fishing Charter?
The Flash Sale 1/2-Day Charter is 4 hours in length.
How long does it take to run out to where we will be fishing?
We generally start fishing as soon as we leave the marina, and have lines in the water 5-10 minutes from the time we leave the dock.
I would like to go fishing, but it’s just me. Can I join another group and share the price of the fishing charter?
We do not offer shared fishing charters. The price you see if for the exclusive charter of the boat for up to six passengers.
Is the price per-person, or, for the whole boat?
The price you see is for an exclusive 1/2-day Kona fishing charter, up to a maximum of six passengers of any age. You will have the boat exclusively for your group.
How many people can we take on our Kona Fishing Charter?
Due to US Coast Guard Regulations there is a strict limit of 6 passengers of any age. No Exceptions.
I have young children. Is there a minimum age for passengers on the boat?
There is no minimum age for children, but we are limited to a maximum of 6 passengers of any age.
Can we bring our own food and drinks?
Yes. You are welcome to bring anything you would like to eat or drink. We have plenty of ice and storage on board for you to use.
Do you provide food and drinks for purchase?
Yes. Lunch, soft drinks and water are available for purchase at the time of booking for an additional charge.
Is there a bathroom on the boat?
Yes, there is a clean, bathroom with a flush toilet on board.
I am concerned about getting seasick. Are the waters rough?
The sea conditions are generally very calm here in Kona due to the protected location of the harbor and fishing areas. We fish very close to shore, which further keeps the seas very calm.
Is there a place on the boat to get out of the Sun?
Yes. We have a comfortable salon area with a couch and a separate seating area for four people with a table.
Do I need to purchase a fishing license for the Kona Fishing Charter?
No fishing license is required for this fishing charter.
Terms, Conditions and Cancellation Policy
- Kona deep sea fishing charter duration: 1/2 Day=4 Hours | 3/4 Day=6 Hours | Full Day=8 Hours | Full Day=10 Hours.
- Morning or Afternoon charters available for 1/2 Day and 3/4 Day Charters. Full Day Charters Depart at 6:30 AM or other time mutually agreed upon in advance.
- Web Special Rates Valid for online bookings only and must be paid in full at time of reservation.
- Valid for direct bookings only. Not valid if booked through a third party.
- Kona Fishing Charter is valid for one (1) to six (6) passengers OF ANY AGE.
***** (Due to Coast Guard Regulations, we are limited to 6 passengers MAX)*****
- A 100% refund will be applied for cancellations made 15 days or more from the date of departure.
- Refunds made less than 15 days of departure will be assessed a cancellation fee of:
- Full Day 10-Hour Charter – $325 Cancellation Fee
- Full Day 8-Hour Charter – $250 Cancellation Fee
- 3/4 Day Charter – $200 Cancellation Fee
- 1/2 Day Charter – $175 Cancellation Fee
- A 50% refund will be applied for cancellations within 72 hours of departure.
- Changes to charter date and times may be made within 15 days of departure on a space available basis.
- Cancellation due to weather deemed by the Captain to be unsafe will be refunded or rebooked on a space available basis (but it rarely happens here in Kona).
- No refunds will be granted if you fail to show up for your charter on the date and time of your reservation and fail to notify us of cancellation in advance.
- Not valid toward ANY previously booked charter.
- Charters depart Kona, Honokohau Harbor, Slip B-4. Please arrive 15 Minutes prior to your scheduled departure time.
Click here for Driving Direction
- All tackle and bait (if available) provided. You must bring your own food and drinks unless purchased online at time of booking.
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted to be brought on board for those of legal drinking age.
- No fishing license is required.
- Not valid in conjunction with Kamaaina discount or any other discount offer.
- Voucher or Gift Cards purchased through our website may be used for the purchase of this charter.
- Hawaii Sales Tax of 4.712% will be charged in addition to the charter fee.
- State of Hawaii Harbor Tax of 3% will be charged in addition to the charter fee.
- An order processing fee of 3% will be charged in addition to the charter fee, extras and taxes.
***Gratuities are not included in the price of the charter and our crew always appreciates the recognition of a job well done…fish or no fish.